Coronary Artery Disease Knowing Your Risks And Warning Signs
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in Thailand. Coronary artery disease is one of the heart diseases resulting from the buildup of plaque in the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart. Living a healthy lifestyle that incorporates good nutrition, weight management, and getting plenty of physical activities can play a big role in avoiding the disease. In addition, knowing the risk factors and symptoms of coronary artery disease can help you detect it early.
What causes coronary artery disease?
It is caused when accumulated plaque (cholesterol-containing deposits) narrows your coronary arteries and decrease blood flow to your heart. Eventually, the decreased blood flow may cause chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, or other coronary artery disease signs and symptoms. A complete blockage can cause a heart attack.
Risks factors for coronary artery disease
- Diabetes mellitus, hypertension, high-cholesterol, overweight, smoking, lack of physical activity – these factors can be modified by certain lifestyle changes
- Older age – degenerative process associated with aging
Warning signs of coronary artery disease
The signs that can be observed are:
- Chest pain – usually occurs on the middle or left side of the chest
- You may feel pressure or tightness in your chest, as if someone were standing on your chest
- Pain in areas other than the chest, such as in the neck, shoulder, or jaw
Opportunity to get money at ufabet